For most mediations, the following fee structure applies:
- $2,200 per party for a full-day mediation
- $1,100 per party for a half-day mediation
- $800 per party for a half-day mediation of a MVA or premises case
- Call for hourly mediation structures.
All parties represented by the same party are deemed one party for the purposes of the mediation fee. For complex cases that require substantial preparation, additional fees may be proposed.
Mediation sessions can be conducted via Zoom or in-person. Unless otherwise agreed, in-person mediations will be held at the Texas Justice Center, 4900 Fournace Pl #200; Bellaire, Texas 77040.
I understand that not all cases and clients are alike, and I am willing to adjust the fee depending on the complexity of the issues, the number of parties, the amount in controversy, and other relevant circumstances. Please call me at (713) 435-9258 to talk about alternative fee arrangements or more information.
Full-day mediations begin at 9:00 a.m., include a working lunch, and continue until completed. Should a session extend past 6:00 p.m., an additional charge of $250 per party will apply.
Half-day mediations begin at either 9:00 a.m. and extend until 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Half-day mediations do not include lunch. Continuation of a half-day mediation beyond this time may be possible and will cost an additional $250 per party.
Mediation fees include the following:
- At least one pre-mediation phone call with each lawyer
- Preparing for and conducting the mediation session
- Lunch for participants attending a full-day, in-person mediation
- Vigorous follow-up with the parties if they do not resolve their case during the scheduled session.
Mediation fees are due before the scheduled mediation unless otherwise agreed. If all fees are not timely received, it may be necessary to reschedule the mediation. I prefer payment by Zelle (using my telephone number). I also accept payment by firm or insurance company check and by credit card.
There are no cancellation fees if a party provides at least 48-hours’ notice. If a party cancels the mediation with less than 48-hours’ notice, a fee of 50% of the total mediation fee will be charged to the cancelling party.